Fitness for Youth/Adults with Special Needs
Registration Dates: September 1, 2018 - September 30, 2018
(Registration closes at midnight on September 30)
For the YOUTH Program-Register Here (Youth Athletes & Buddy Volunteers)
For the ADULT Program-Register Here (Adult Athletes & Buddy Volunteers)
*Athletes and Buddy Volunteers must register
2018 Take On Sports Fitness Details:
Dates/Times: November 2018 - December 2018 (TBD)
- Three Saturdays in November and three Sundays in December between 10 a.m.-11 a.m.
- A parent, legal guardian, or authorized caregiver is required to remain on-site during any Take On Sports activity.
- Athletes will participate in exercises, stretches, fun obstacle courses, and relay races.
Must be 5 years of age as of September 1, 2018. (Eligible through their 22nd birthday)
Teams are setup according to skills and abilities instead of age.
Athletes are paired with Buddy Volunteers.
No registration fee (will receive free Buddy Volunteer T-shirt)
Must be 10 years of age as of September 1, 2018.
- No registration fee (will receive free Buddy Volunteer T-shirt)
- Must be 18 years of age or older by September 1, 2018. (Background Check required)
Weddington Optimist Park Turf Field
Address: 5211 Weddington Road, Weddington, NC 28104
Assist athletes on the field providing instruction and encouragement.
Buddy Volunteers 18 years of age or older are required to have a Volunteer Background Check. Information on this process will be provided by the Sports Commissioner.
For more information, please contact:
Take On Sports Fitness Commissioner: