“ACADEMY BULLS BASEBALL”
Parents and Players,
After an outstanding 1st spring/summer season, THE ACADEMY BULLS at WCWAA will be holding a fall tryouts for 11U-13U age groups for our 2017 travel teams. Our “newly” established travel format option of baseball participation at WCWAA saw some great success competing and winning multiple USSSA and TOP GUN championships in both the 11U and 12U age groups against many established teams in the area. We are very proud of our boys and look forward to building the future. SAVE THE DATE!!
Saturday, August 5
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Tentative Spring Tryouts
Saturday, October 21st at 9 AM
Sunday, October 22nd at 12:30 PM
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
$20 Registration Fee – Please access this link to register! All players must register to tryout!
PLAYERS may be asked to participate in some individual work evaluation based on number of participants and level of play. Team assignments will be acknowledged by the following Saturday.
All tryouts will begin at the Babe Ruth field complex.
IMPORTANT: This is a tryout. Unfortunately, not everyone will make these teams. Please make sure you and your child understand that prior. We do our best to ensure we are putting a quality product on the field that will best-represent The Baseball Academy at WCWAA. Our evaluation team has many years of experience playing and coaching baseball and will use their best judgment in selecting these teams. There will be non-affiliated coaches to help evaluate.
WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR THE FALL: We will host a minimum of three teams in the 11U-12U-13U format for the fall. Please feel free to contact us regarding your future interests.
1. Who is eligible to tryout?
Teams will be built based on ability and age of the player during a calendar year.
A general guideline for teams will be in the 11U, 12U and 13U age groups.
The fiscal age of your child as of April 30
2. Does my child have to play Rec baseball in order to be eligible?
a. NO – However we do feel it is a valuable option that will be supported by the Baseball Academy should your family choose to participate.
3. How does the Academy format and Classic Tournament differ?
a. Academy Baseball is travel format baseball.
b. You do not have to play recreational baseball if you are chosen for the academy team. However, your family can participate in rec if you choose to do so. As in the past, Challenge will be played under the same format with rec and weekend baseball.
4. The ACADEMY BASEBALL BULLS at WCWAA”?
a. Academy Baseball is a “new” travel format program we introduced spring 2017 – initially in our 11U -12U age divisions and adding a 13U team for fall 2017. There will be 1 team chosen (from the tryouts) in each age group. If there is enough interest, we will look at a 2nd team in a given age group under an A and B format. Details below:
1. Cost will be $400 (includes spring facility fee of $100 supporting WCWAA). This fee does not include travel expenses or any additional one-on-one training that will be at the choice of each family. Travel will be the responsibility of each player.
2. Players will receive instruction supported by coaches with collegiate and professional experience
3. Uniform shirt and team affiliated items provided
4. Teams will practice 2-3 days per week with a defined schedule provided after tryouts are complete.
5. The Academy will play in 7-8 fall 2017 tournaments and 11-12 in spring/summer 2018
5. Will the Academy concept be expanded to other ages and increase the number of teams?
a. Any expansion will be determined based on interest and infrastructure. Success of this year’s pilot program has led us to expand to a 3rd team this fall after having 2 this spring/summer.
6. What is the real difference between Tournament Teams and The Baseball Academy?
a. The Academy Bulls program is travel baseball. Academy has a more rigorous training plan, practice expectations, tournament schedule, defined parent and player expectations, general training, player roles, and strictly designed to further enhance a player’s acumen of the game. WCWAA tournament (challenge) teams will participate in the same format as previous years. A combination of recreation and tournament play will continue to offer a great opportunity for many players that the Academy fully supports and believes in.
7. Who will be coaching these teams?
a. The Academy staff will be made up of individuals with both collegiate and professional experience. The training will be led and developed by these individuals. Coaches for each team will be announced at a future date.
8. Will there be make-up dates for tryouts?
a. Make up dates may be scheduled based on demand, weather, and availability.
More details will follow in the coming weeks leading up the tryouts. In the mean-time, if you have any questions, please reach out to the following individuals:
Academy Baseball: Burke McKinney (email@example.com)
Marc Hamer (firstname.lastname@example.org)