Baseball for Youth/Adults with Special Needs
Registration Dates: January 1, 2018 - January 31, 2018
(Registration closes at midnight on January 31)
For the YOUTH Program-Register Here (Youth Athletes & Buddy Volunteers)
For the ADULT Program-Register Here (Adult Athletes & Buddy Volunteers)
*Athletes and Buddy Volunteers must register
2018 Take On Sports Baseball Season Details:
Dates/Times: April 8, 2018 - May 20, 2018 (Sundays, between 1 p.m.-5 p.m.)
- Take On Sports Baseball is a sanctioned Little League Challenger Division league.
- There are three skill levels, Tee-Ball, Minors (Modified Coach-pitch), and Majors (Coach-pitch)
- The league runs seven weeks.
- A parent, legal guardian, or authorized caregiver is required to remain on-site during any Take On Sports activity.
- To view the Team Schedule and additional information, on wcwaa.org, click-on: Teams, Choose a Team, Take On Sports, Select the League, and the Team Name.
- No registration fee (will receive free Buddy Volunteer T-shirt)
- Must be 18 years of age or older by January 1, 2018 (Background Check required)
Weddington Optimist Park Baseball Fields
Address: 5211 Weddington Road, Weddington, NC 28104
Assist athletes on the field providing instruction and encouragement.
Buddy Volunteers 18 years of age or older are required to have a Volunteer Background Check. Information on this process will be provided by the Sports Commissioner.
For more information, please contact:
Take On Sports Baseball Commissioner: Steve Gustina at