Any parent interested in coaching should complete Intent to Coach.
Coaches will be selected based on a Board review of volunteers in each age group. The factors that are used when making a decision on coaches are coaching experience, time volunteered, and parent feedback.
- All coaches and volunteers will need to complete a background check as well as an online training course prior to working with players.
- Coach Responsibilities:
- Attend Assessments, Draft and CharMeck Coaches Meeting
- Have a parent meeting at the beginning of the season to set ground rules and ask for additional assistance
- Help with field maintenance when needed around team’s game time
- Ensure that dugouts and field areas are clean upon completion of game/practice
- Enter game scores and innings pitched on the CharMeck site
- Any feedback from parents must be relayed to Board immediately so they can reply
- Playing Time:
- 6u - Fun First. all players play all positions all season
- 8u - Fun First. All players need to own one outfield and one infield position to play each game all season. Justification is from a competitive standpoint you will always have a player in a position that knows what to do at that position at any moment during a game. Develop your players, don't just coach them.
- 10u - Fun First. Maximize your player’s ability at more than one position. Develop any new players to softball rotate them accordingly between infield and outfield.
- No player should sit more than one inning in a regular season game.