Our Rec Baseball program is open to anyone who wants to enjoy the game. Every player should expect two events weekly - one weekday practice or game and one Saturday game once the season gets underway. Typically our spring season runs from late February through early June and our fall season runs from late August through early November. WCWAA provides opportunities for children ages 4 to 18 years old. Please refer to the Divisions section below to learn more. Click Register on the top right of the page to sign up.
Registration opens on January 1 for the spring season and July 1 for the fall season. Please click the button below to see our currently open programs.
Our online spirit wear store is now live! Apparel includes t-shirts, fleeces, jackets, hoodies, polos, hats and more. The store will be featuring brands like Under Armor, Nike, Adidas, and Champion. A portion of the proceeds go to support WCWAA baseball. Click below to order. All items will ship directly to you in 6-13 business days after the order is placed..
We are always looking to improve the baseball facilities and equipment, and are in need of donations to support this effort. Please click the button below to donate. Any amount helps!
- The primary ages for players in the Tee Ball Division are Baseball Age 4 and 5.
- The purpose of the Tee Ball Division is to focus on fun and fundamentals, providing an enjoyable introductory experience to the game of baseball. Boys and girls are taught the importance of teamwork and sportsmanship, as well as the fundamentals of hitting, throwing, and fielding and are introduced to basic game rules. Batters hit off a stationary tee and there are no strikeouts. Fielders begin to learn to stop balls and throw to bases. Score is not kept and the kids bat and field every inning, regardless of the number of outs made or runs scored. Tee Ball practices and games last approximately 1 hour each.
For questions regarding our Tee Ball division, please contact Bob Bestwick at email@example.com
- The primary age for players in the Rookie Division, also known as “Coach Pitch,” is Baseball Age 5 and 6. Previous participation in the Tee Ball program is recommended, but not required. More developed 5 year olds are recommended for Rookie, less developed players are recommended for Tee Ball.
- Like Tee Ball, the purpose of the Rookie Division is to focus on fun and fundamentals, providing an enjoyable introductory experience to the game of baseball. Boys and girls are taught the importance of teamwork and sportsmanship, as well as the fundamentals of hitting, throwing, and fielding and build on basic game rules introduced in Tee Ball. Batters have multiple attempts to hit a pitched ball from the coach. Fielders begin to learn how to make outs based on the situation. Score is not kept and the kids bat and field every inning, regardless of the number of outs made or runs scored. Rookie practices and games last approximately 1 hour 15 minutes each.
For questions about our Rookie division, please contact Bob Bestwick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate & Advanced Machine Pitch
- Intermediate Machine Pitch
- Intermediate Machine Pitch will be comprised of Baseball Age 6 and 7 year olds and will be a machine-pitch format.
- Note: One season of Rookie League at WCWAA or equivalent will be a pre-requisite for 6 year old eligibility in the Intermediate Machine Pitch division.
- Working on the premise that Rookie League developed basic swing techniques and fielding fundamentals, this league will focus on making sure a player is comfortable in the batter’s box with a consistent pitch and/or has the opportunity to experience several different positions of play while on defense. We feel this will be easier to accomplish with players participating among players of similar age and skill. As is the case with Rookie League, practices should be a priority over games.
- The pitching machine will be set on 4-5 which translates to approximately 30 mph
- Advanced Machine Pitch
- Advanced Machine Pitch will be comprised of Baseball Age 7 & 8 year olds and follow a similar format to our Intermediate Machine Pitch program. The pitching machine will be set on 9-10 which translates to approximately 45 mph.
- For questions regarding our Machine Pitch Division, please contact Frank Gramarossa at email@example.com
- The Minors Division is a competitive league with player pitchers. It provides the first opportunity for players to participate in a league requiring more advanced baseball skills (i.e., kid’s pitching, stealing bases) with rules similar to those in the Majors Division. Pitch Counts will be enforced per the Little League guidelines.
- For questions about our Minors division, please contact Kevin Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Majors program will be comprised of baseball ages 11, 12 and 13 and play 50/70 baseball. Pitch Counts will be enforced per the Little League guidelines. Pitch Counts will be enforced per the Little League guidelines.
- The All-Star selection process will be from within this division only – there will be no crossover for all-star play as Little League International mandates that a player participate in at least 12 regular season games in that division to be eligible for summer all-star play.
For questions about our Minors division, please contact Kevin Stevens at email@example.com
- Our Junior & Senior program is affiliated with Little League Baseball and provides opportunities for players 13-16 years old (based on your baseball age)
- Little League provides two age groups:
- Juniors - baseball ages 13 & 14
- Seniors - baseball ages 15 & 16
- 18U Babe Ruth - baseball ages 16-18
- Your baseball age is determined by how old you will be on 8/31/24